Good news for DotNetNuke users: the GroupDocs HTML5 document viewer can now be easily integrated into DNN with the help of an officially released module! The viewer allows you to embed and display PDF files, word-processing documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and image files right on your DNN web-pages.
Key Features And Benefits:
1. Based on HTML5 technology, GroupDocs.Viewer converts documents to a combination of HTML, CSS and SVG, so that they are rendered as real text files, not images. This allows your DNN website visitors to copy text right from documents embedded into web-pages, or search for particular text within the document.
2. Another advantage here is that your website visitors don’t need to install any web-browser plugins to view documents hosted with our HTML5 document viewer. So, no need for Adobe Acrobat to view PDF documents, for example. Documents can be viewed from any modern web-browser with HTML5 support.
3. Thanks to high-fidelity rendering, embedded documents look just like the originals. Fonts always remain sharp even when zooming in/out of documents.
4. When viewing documents, users can quickly turn pages with the Go Forward/Backward buttons, jump straight to a certain page and preview pages with thumbnails. Documents can be printed out and downloaded right from your DotNetNuke website.
5. Copying, printing and downloading can be easily disabled to protect document authorship rights.
Supported File Formats
With GroupDocs.Viewer you can display not only PDF files, but literally all common business document formats and images, including:
- Word-processing formats: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, DOTM, ODT, OTT
- Excel spreadsheets: XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XML, ODS, CSV
- PowerPoint presentations: PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, ODP
- Plain and Rich text formats: TXT, RTF
- HyperText Markup Language: HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
- Portable Document Format: PDF
- Microsoft Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW
- Microsoft Project: MPP, MPT
- Microsoft Outlook: MSG, EML, EMLX, MHT
- AutoCAD Drawing File Format: DXF
- XML Paper Specification: XPS
- Image files: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF
- Electronic publication: EPUB
Please note. We offer two versions of the GroupDocs.Viewer module for DNN currently:
1. Cloud-based version, which allows you to store documents on GroupDocs’ servers. It doesn’t allow you to store documents locally. This version can be used by registered users of the GroupDocs.Viewer for Cloud API. If you don’t have an account yet, please subscribe from this page.
For detailed instructions on how to install, configure and use the cloud version of the GroupDocs.Viewer module for DotNetNuke, please refer to our in-depth help.
2. DNN module developed based on the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET library. This version allows you to store and process documents on your own servers. For more information on this module, please refer to the DNN store.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us.