GroupDocs is making headway to boost its cloud developer tools and expand its cloud platform offerings. Here, we just wanted to let you know that the first release of the Next Generation GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud REST API is going to be launched in a few days. It will be available very soon to be integrated with your applications for seamless performance and document comparison features utilization, using a simple set of requests.
Introduction – GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud
GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud is REST API that allows to compare two versions of a document and manipulate the changes in your app or website for all common business document formats.
Features – GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud
The first launch of GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud will include two main resources Document and Changes. These resources will allow you to retrieve compared documents (as a file or array of images) or its changes with update changes features.
- Result document
- Stream of result document
- Images of result document
- Streams of images of result document
- Get changes
- Get changes by categories
- Update changes and retrieve the result document
- Update changes and retrieve a stream of the result document
- Update changes and retrieve images of the result document
- Update changes and retrieve streams of images of the result document
- Accept or Reject retrieved changes
Supported File Formats:
GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud REST API will provide many features crucial to organizations for many different document and image formats comparison, such as:
- Comparison.Words supported:
- DOC, DOCM, DOCX, DOT, DOTM, DOTX, RTF, ODT, OTT
- Comparison.Cells supported:
- XLS, XLSX, XLSB, XLSM, CSV, ODS, XLS2003
- Comparison.Slides supported:
- PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, ODP, OTP
- Comparison.Pdf supported:
- Comparison.Html supported:
- HTM, HTML
- Comparison.Imaging supported:
- DJVU, DCOM
- Comparison.Email supported:
- EML, EMTX, MSG, MHTML
- Comparison.Text supported:
- TXT and other TXT formats with different extensions
Security and Authentication
The GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud REST API is secured and requires authentication using an app access key ID (appSID) and app secret access key with URL Signing or OAuth 2.0 authorization header. You can see the complete details here.
There will be an easy way to try out our API right away in your browser with the GroupDocs Cloud Web API References Explorer. There will be a collection of Swagger documentation for the GroupDocs Cloud APIs. You can get information about all the resources in the API. It will also provide testing and interactivity to our API endpoint documentation.
GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud will come with SDKs such as a .NET SDK hosted on our GitHub repository along with working examples, to get you started in no time.
Our First Version
We are currently in the process of preparing Examples and Documentation for this new product. We have planned to release the first version of GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud with our monthly release of January 2018 along with all tools, SDKs and features shared above. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write on GroupDocs.Comparison Cloud Forum.
Please stay tuned, we will share more details shortly.