GroupDocs.Viewer Cloud REST API V2 is finally here! You may wonder how it is different than V1. The V2 version API is more simplified API than V1, API with less methods and options. Also, it has more optimized and refined internal architecture. This version made easy to work with cloud storage. Now you do not need to use a separate storage API for the purpose. The API includes methods for performing different storage related operations..learn more.
- Viewer API – Simplified main API methods for getting information about documents and rendering them
- File API – Methods for upload, download, copy, move, delete files: input documents and rendering results, in the cloud storage
- Folder API – Methods for create, copy, move, delete folders in the cloud storage
- Storage API – Methods for getting storage information and file information
GroupDocs.Viewer Cloud V2 in Action
Are you developing a single solution that targets different devices? So you would be interested in Responsive Web Design. We have a good news for you, GroupDocs.Viewer Cloud V2 offers a feature to create a responsive HTML view, that looks good on all devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones). Let us demonstrate how to create a response HTML view of a DOCX. We are using cURL for the REST API requests in this example. There are other SDKs available to use GroupDocs.Viewer Cloud API directly in your favorite platform.
Following steps are involved in this example:
- Get authentication code
- Upload source file to storage
- Create responsive HTML view
- Download responsive HTML view
Get authentication code
Upload source file to storage
We are uploading source file to default storage of groupdocs.cloud. However, you can use 3rd party storage with groupdocs.cloud Cloud APIs as well.
Create responsive HTML view
We need to use the IsResponsive option of HtmlOptions for creating a responsive HTML view. The default value of this option is false.
Download response HTML result
File API is used to download files from storage. We will download response HTML view created in the previous step as a stream.