In this article we shall explore the following topics:
- Java Excel to JSON Converter REST API – SDK Installation
- How to Convert Excel XLSX to JSON in Java using REST API
Java Excel to JSON Converter REST API – SDK Installation
To convert Excel data to JSON in Java, I will be using the Java SDK of GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API. This Java library is easy to install and offers a wide range of ways to convert Excel data to JSON. It does not require any third-party software. Java file format conversion API allows you to convert your documents and images of any supported file format to any format you need. Quickly convert between more than 50 types of documents and images online like Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, CAD, raster images, etc.
However, you can either download the APIs JAR file or install the API using Maven configurations. Add repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file. Below are the steps for Maven:
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>23.4</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Please obtain your Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before following the mentioned steps. Once you have your ID and secret, add the code snippet in a Java-based application:
How to Convert Excel XLSX to JSON in Java using REST API
There are many ways to convert a spreadsheet to a JSON file. JSON is a good choice for sharing data and for import data into a database or other application. For easy processing, Excel XLSX or XLS can be converted to JSON data format. Below are code examples that read the Excel file and then convert to JSON in Java using the simple steps:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the excel file to the Cloud using the following code sample:
As a result, the uploaded excel file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert Excel to JSON File using Java
Please follow the steps and the code to convert Excel to JSON in Java programmatically as mentioned below:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi
- Secondly, create a ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, set the storage name and input the XLSX file path.
- Now, provide the output file format as “JSON”
- Next, set the output JSON file path.
- Now, create ConvertDocumentRequest with converting settings as a parameter.
- Finally, invoke conversion using the ConvertApi.convertDocument() method.
The following code example illustrates how to convert excel data to JSON format in Java using REST API:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted JSON file in the cloud. You can download it using the following code sample:
Free Online Excel to JSON Converter
How to Convert Excel to JSON Array Online? Excel To JSON Converter converts Excel files to JSON online. There is a free online Excel to JSON converter, which has been developed using Groupdocs.Conversion Cloud REST APIs.
To conclude, you learned how to convert Excel to JSON format programmatically. Now you understand:
- how to convert Excel file to JSON file in java on the cloud;
- programmatically upload the Excel file and then download the converted JSON file from the cloud;
- free Excel to JSON converter online;
In addition, you can learn more about GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API using the documentation, or examples available on GitHub. We also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and interact with our APIs directly through the browser.
Finally, groupdocs.cloud is writing new blog articles on different file formats conversions using REST API. So, please stay in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
You can ask your queries about converting excel to JSON in Java, via our forum.
How do I convert Excel data to JSON format in Java?
Please follow this link to learn the Java code snippet for how to convert Excel files to JSON quickly and easily.
How to convert Excel table to JSON in Java using REST API?
Create an instance of ConvertApi, set the values of the convert settings, and invoke the convertDocument method with ConvertDocumentRequest for converting Excel files to JSON.
How to save Excel to JSON free online?
Excel spreadsheet to JSON converter online free allows you to convert Excel into JSON file, quickly and easily. Once the conversion is completed, you can download the JSON file.
How do I convert Excel XLSX to JSON online for free?
- Open online Excel to JSON converter free
- Click inside the file drop area to upload an Excel sheet or drag & drop an Excel file.
- Click on Convert Now button, online XLSX to JSON converter will turn the Excel table into a JSON file.
- The download link of the output file will be available instantly after converting Excel to JSON online.
How to install convert Excel to JSON online library?
Install Excel to JSON converter free download Java library to create, and convert Excel to JSON in Java online programmatically.
How do I convert Excel to JSON in windows?
Please visit this link to download the Excel file to JSON converter for free. This offline converter can be used to change Excel spreadsheets to JSON files in windows, using a single click.
Please see the links below for more information on:
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word to Markdown and Markdown to Word in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- Convert MSG and EML files to PDF in Python
- Convert JPG to PowerPoint and PowerPoint to JPG in Java
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Java
- Convert Word to PNG and PNG to Word Document in Java
- Convert Word to JPG and JPG to Word Programmatically in Java