GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is a popular file format for creating simple animations and graphics, but they may not be suitable for all purposes. On the other hand, PDF (Portable Document Format) is a universal file format that is known for its compatibility and security. If you’re looking for a way to convert GIF images to PDF files in Java, you’re in luck. With the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java, you can easily convert GIF images to PDF files in just a few simple steps. In this article, we’ll demonstrate the process of converting GIF images to PDF files in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java.
We will cover the following topics in this article:
- GIF to PDF Converter API for Java and SDK Installation
- How to Convert GIF Images to PDF in Java using REST API
GIF to PDF Converter API for Java and SDK Installation
To convert a GIF image to a PDF file, we will use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. GroupDocs.Cloud API is a powerful tool for converting multiple types of documents and images, including GIF images, to PDF files. This API offers a wide range of file conversion formats, enabling you to convert not only images but also PDFs, Word documents, Excel sheets, CAD files, and raster images, among others. Integrating the API into Java-based applications is made simple and efficient, eliminating the need for additional software.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or install it using Maven by adding the following repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file:
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>23.4</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Sign up for a GroupDocs account to get the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code snippets. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
How to Convert GIF Images to PDF in Java using REST API
To convert your GIF files to PDF format using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java, you will need to follow below simple steps:
Upload the File
Once you’ve set up your conversion environment, you can upload the GIF to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
Hence, the uploaded GIF image will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert GIF to PDF via Java
Here are the steps and an example code snippet in Java to convert a GIF image to a PDF file using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java.
The steps are:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Secondly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Thirdly, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input GIF file path and the output file format to “pdf”.
- Now, create an instance of the PdfConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, setMarginTop, setPassword, setCenterWindow, setHeight, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass the settings parameter.
- Finally, call the convertDocument() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert a GIF image to a PDF file in Java using REST API:
You can see the output in the image below:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted PDF to the cloud. You can download the converted PDF file using the following code snippet:
Free Online GIF to PDF Converter
How to convert GIF to PDF online for free? Please try an online GIF to PDF converter to create a PDF from a GIF file. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned GIF to PDF REST API.
In conclusion, converting GIF images to PDF files using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java is a simple and straightforward process. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert GIF to PDF format in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the GIF to the cloud and then download the converted PDF from the cloud;
- and convert GIF images to PDF documents for free using a free online GIF to PDF converter.
Additionally, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Moreover, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding GIF to PDF conversion API, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert GIFs to PDFs using Java?
You can convert a GIF to a PDF file by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API for Java. It is a cloud-based document conversion API that allows developers to easily convert GIFs to PDFs using Java.
How can I convert a GIF to PDF online for free?
Our GIF images to PDF converter allows you to convert GIFs to PDFs for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open free GIF to PDF converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload a GIF or drag & drop a GIF file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online GIF to PDF converter will change GIF into PDF.
- The download link of the output PDF will be available after converting the GIF image.
Is there a way to convert GIFs to PDFs on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline GIF to PDF converter for Windows. This converter can be used to convert GIF images to PDF documents on Windows quickly, with a single click.
Is GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java free to use?
No, GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java is not free to use. However, it provides a free trial version that you can use to test its features.
Can I customize the conversion options when using the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK?
Yes, the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK allows you to customize the conversion options according to your needs.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- Convert Word to PowerPoint Presentation in Java
- SVG to PNG Converter – (Online & Free)
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert PowerPoint to PNG Images Programmatically in Java
- How to Convert CSV to XML via Java using REST API
- Convert SVG Files to JPG Images in Java using REST API