HTML is a markup language used to create and structure web content. On the other hand, PNG is a type of image file format that supports transparent backgrounds and is a great option for graphics. Converting an HTML document to a PNG image can provide many benefits such as improved design, preservation, sharing, and better performance, etc. GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API allows you to easily convert HTML documents to images in Java. So, this blog post will provide a step-by-step guide on how to convert HTML to PNG image using Java with GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API.
The following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
- Java HTML to PNG Conversion REST API and Java SDK Installation
- Convert HTML Documents to PNG Images in Java using REST API
Java HTML to PNG Conversion REST API and SDK Installation
We are going to use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java to perform HTML to PNG image conversion. GroupDocs.Cloud API is a powerful tool for converting various types of documents and images, including HTML to PNG file format. It makes it easy to integrate the API into Java applications, allowing you to perform the conversion service quickly and without any additional software. Additionally, API also supports a wide range of file formats, allowing you to convert not only HTML but also PDFs, Word, Excel, CAD files, raster images, etc.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or use the following Maven configurations. Add repository and dependency to your project’s pom.xml file.
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>22.10</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Sign up for a GroupDocs account to get the application ID and application Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code snippets. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
Convert HTML Documents to PNG Images in Java using REST API
The following are the steps to convert HTML documents to PNG images.
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the HTML document to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
As a result, the uploaded HTML document will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert HTML Files to PNG Images in Java
In this section, we will write the code snippet that automates the process of HTML to PNG conversion in a Java application. You may follow the steps and the code snippet mentioned below:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Secondly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Thirdly, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input HTML file path and the output file format to “png”.
- Now, create an instance of the PngConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass settings parameter.
- Finally, call the convertDocument() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert an HTML document to PNG file format in Java using REST API:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted PNG image to the cloud. You can download the converted PNG file using the following code snippet:
Free Online HTML to PNG Converter
How to convert HTML to PNG images online for free? Please try an online HTML to PNG converter to create a PNG image from an HTML document. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned HTML to PNG image REST API.
Finally, this brings us to the end of this blog post. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert HTML to PNG format in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the HTML document to the cloud and then download the converted PNG image from the cloud;
- and convert any HTML files to PNG for free using a free online HTML to PNG image converter.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding HTML to PNG converter API, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert HTML to PNG images using Java?
One of the best ways to convert an HTML document to a PNG image in Java is by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API. It is a cloud-based document conversion API that allows developers to easily convert HTML documents to PNG images in Java.
Can I convert password-protected HTML documents to PNG images in Java?
Yes, you can convert password-protected HTML documents to PNG images in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API. You will need to provide the password as a parameter when creating the conversion request.
How can I convert an HTML file to PNG online for free?
HTML to PNG online converter allows you to convert HTML documents to PNG images for free. Once the online conversion of the HTML to PNG image is completed, you can instantly download the converted PNG files to your system. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open free HTML to PNG converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload an HTML document or drag & drop an HTML file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online HTML to PNG converter will transform HTML files into PNG images.
- The download link of the output PNG image will be available after converting the HTML web page.
Can you recommend any Java library for converting HTML to PNG for free?
Yes, you can download the Java library to create PNG images from HTML documents for free during the trial period, which is typically 30 days.
Is there a way to convert HTML to images on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline HTML to image converter for Windows. This free HTML to images converter can be used to convert HTML documents to image format on Windows quickly, with a single click.
Can I convert HTML to other image formats in Java using REST API?
Yes, you can convert HTML documents to other image formats in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API such as JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and more.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert Word File to HTML in Java using REST API