If you are looking for an efficient way to convert your JPG images to SVG files, you have come to the right place. JPG is a widely used compressed image format for containing digital images. On the other hand, SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics format that can be scaled without losing its quality. SVG files are also smaller than other image formats. Converting JPG images to SVG files can be useful in many scenarios, such as when creating logos or other vector-based graphics. In this article, we will explore how to convert JPG images to SVG files programmatically in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java.
The following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
- Java API to Convert Images to SVG Files - SDK Installation
- How to Convert JPG Image to SVG in Java using REST API
Java API to Convert Images to SVG Files - SDK Installation
In order to convert JPG images to SVG files, we are going to use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. GroupDocs.Cloud API is designed for converting more than 50 file formats to other formats, including JPG to SVG conversion. This API offers a wide range of file formats, enabling you to convert PDFs, Word documents, Excel sheets, CAD files, and raster images, among others. Integrating the API into Java-based applications is made simple and efficient, eliminating the need for additional software.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or install it using Maven by adding the following repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file:
<name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name>
Sign up for a GroupDocs account to obtain the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code snippets. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
How to Convert JPG Image to SVG in Java using REST API
To convert JPG images to SVG files using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java, follow these simple steps:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the JPG image to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
Hence, the uploaded JPG image will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert JPG Image to SVG File
In this section, we will provide a code snippet that automates the process of converting JPG to SVG files in a Java application. You can follow the steps and code mentioned below:
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Then, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input JPG file path and the output file format to “svg”.
- Now, create an instance of the SvgConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, grayscale, width, height, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass the settings parameter.
- Finally, call the convertDocument() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert a JPG image to SVG file in Java using REST API:
You can see the output in the image below:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted SVG file to the cloud. You can download the converted SVG file using the following code snippet:
Free Online JPG to SVG Converter
How to convert JPG to SVG online for free? Please try an online JPG to SVG converter to change a JPG image to an SVG file. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned API.
Finally, we have come to the end of this blog post. Here is a summary of what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert JPG to SVG format in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the JPG file to the cloud and then download the converted SVG file from the cloud;
- and convert any JPG files to SVG format for free using a free online JPG to SVG image converter.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding JPG to SVG conversion API, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert JPG to SVG files using Java?
You can convert a JPG image to an SVG file in Java by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API. It is a cloud-based documents and images conversion API that allows developers to quickly convert images via Java.
How can I convert a JPG to SVG online for free?
JPG image to SVG online converter allows you to convert JPG to SVG images for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open free JPG to SVG converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload a JPG image or drag & drop a JPG file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online JPG to SVG converter will change JPG files into SVG images.
- The download link of the output SVG document will be available after converting the JPG image.
How to convert JPG to SVG on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline JPG to SVG converter for Windows. This free JPG to SVG converter can quickly convert JPG to SVG file format on Windows with a single click.
How do I install GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java?
You can install GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java using a package manager like Maven or Gradle.
What other file types can I convert using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java?
GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java supports a wide range of file types, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, and more.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- Convert PNG to PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) in Java
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert Word File to HTML in Java using REST API
- How to Convert PDF to Text File Programmatically in Java
- Convert CSV to Excel (XLS/XLSX) in Java using REST API