If you’re working with Markdown files in your Java project and need to convert them to PDF format, GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java provides a simple and efficient way to do so. Markdown is a lightweight, simple and easy-to-use markup language that can be used to create formatted text documents quickly and efficiently. On the other hand, PDF is a file format used for creating and sharing documents in a way that preserves the formatting and layout of the original document. However, there are times when you need to convert your Markdown files to PDF. In this article, we will demonstrate how to convert Markdown files to PDF in Java using REST API.
The following topics shall be covered in this article:
- Java API to Convert Markdown to PDF and SDK Installation
- How to Convert Markdown to PDF in Java using REST API
Java API to Convert Markdown to PDF and SDK Installation
GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java is a powerful library that allows users to convert files to and from different formats. It is designed to be easy to use, and provides a wide range of features that make it an ideal choice for developers who need to work with files in various formats. Integrating the API into Java-based applications is made simple and efficient, eliminating the need for additional software.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or install it using Maven by adding the following repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file:
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>23.4</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Before you can use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java: you will need to sign up for a GroupDocs account to get the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
How to Convert Markdown to PDF in Java using REST API
To convert Markdown files to PDF documents using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java, follow below steps:
- Upload the Markdown file to the Cloud
- Convert Markdown to PDF file in Java
- Download the converted file
Upload the File
Once you’ve set up your file conversion environment, you can upload the Markdown file to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
Hence, the uploaded Markdown file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert MD File to PDF Format
In this section, we will provide the steps and an example code snippet to convert MD files to PDF in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java.
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Then, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input Markdown file path and the output file format to “pdf”.
- Now, create an instance of the PdfConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, setMarginTop, setPassword, setCenterWindow, setHeight, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using the ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass the settings parameter.
- Lastly, call the convertDocument() method and pass the ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert an MD file to a PDF document in Java using REST API:
That’s it! You can see the output in the image below:
Download the Converted File
After the conversion is completed, the output file will be saved to the output path on the cloud that you specified in the settings object. You can download the converted PDF file using the following code snippet:
Free Online Markdown to PDF Converter
How to convert Markdown to PDF online for free? Please try an online MD file to PDF converter to create a PDF from a Markdown MD file. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned Markdown to PDF REST API.
In conclusion, this article has demonstrated how easy and efficient it is to convert Markdown files to PDF format using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert MD to PDF format in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the MD file to the cloud and then download the converted PDF from the cloud;
- and convert Markdown to PDF using a free online Markdown file to PDF converter.
Additionally, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Moreover, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding Markdown to PDF conversion API, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert MD files to PDF in Java?
You can convert MD to a PDF file by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API for Java. It is a cloud-based document conversion API that allows you to easily convert Markdown files to PDF using Java.
How do I set up the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java in my project?
You can set up the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java in your project by adding the SDK as a dependency in your Java project.
How can I convert a Markdown file to PDF online for free?
Our Markdown to PDF converter allows you to convert Markdown to PDF format for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open the free MD to PDF converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload a Markdown or drag & drop a Markdown file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online Markdown to PDF converter will change Markdown into PDF.
- The download link of the output PDF will be available after converting the MD file.
How to convert Markdown files to PDF on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline Markdown to PDF converter for Windows. This converter can be used to convert Markdown to PDF files on Windows quickly, with a single click.
Can I customize the PDF output when converting Markdown files to PDF?
Yes, GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java provides a wide range of options and settings that allow you to customize the PDF output when converting Markdown files.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- How to Convert Visio File to PDF in Java
- How to Convert Word to PDF - Online for Free
- SVG to PNG Converter – (Online & Free)
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PowerPoint to PNG Images Programmatically in Java
- How to Convert CSV to XML via Java using REST API
- Convert SVG Files to JPG Images in Java using REST API