As a Java developer, you can programmatically convert PDF (Portable Document Format) documents to HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) web pages using the GroupDocs.Conversion REST API. In certain scenarios, you may need to convert PDF to HTML file. For example, you need to share PDF documents on social networks or online publish PDF content on the web. with HTML you can use forms, links and other interactive elements and it allows the document to be more interactive. So, in this article I will demonstrate how to convert PDF to HTML in Java using the REST API.
The following topics shall be covered in this tutorial:
- Java PDF to HTML Converter REST API - Java SDK Installation
- Convert PDF File to HTML Document in Java using REST API
- Convert PDF to HTML Page in Java using Advanced Options
Java PDF to HTML Converter REST API - Java SDK Installation
In order to convert PDF file to HTML format, I will be using the Java SDK of GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API. It helps you to include GroupDocs. Conversion Cloud services in your Java apps fast and easily. This is the best PDF to HTML converter API that retains the original text format and layouts of your documents. Groupdocs Conversion APIs also allow you to convert your files and images of any supported file format to any format you need. You can easily convert between more than 50 types of documents and images like Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, CAD, raster images, etc.
You can download the API’s JAR file or install using Maven configurations. Add repository and dependency to your project’s POM.xml. Below are the instructions for Maven:
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>22.10</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Please obtain your Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code samples. Please enter the code displayed below once you have your ID and secret:
Convert PDF File to HTML Document in Java using REST API
Converting PDF documents to HTML webpages allows you to make the content more accesible, searchable, compatible, editable and shareable. The following are the steps to convert a PDF document to HTML as mentioned below:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the PDF document to the cloud storage using the code snippet as given below:
As a result, the uploaded PDF file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert PDF to HTML in Java
This section shows how to programmatically convert a PDF file to an HTML page without losing formatting by following the steps below:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi
- Secondly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings
- Thirdly, provide the cloud storage name
- Set the input PDF file path and the output file format as “html”
- Now, set the output HTML file path
- Create ConvertDocumentRequest with ConvertSettings
- Finally, call the convert_document() method with ConvertDocumentRequest
The following code snippet shows how to change PDF file to HTML format online using REST API:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted HTML file page to the cloud. You can download it using the following code snippet:
This is how PDF to HTML converter library in java works. In the next section, let’s explore more advanced conversion settings using Java API.
Convert PDF to HTML Page in Java using Advanced Options
In this section, you will learn how to convert PDF file to HTML document using some advanced options programmatically by following the steps and the code snippet as shown below:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi class
- Create an instance of the ConvertSettings class
- Next, provide the cloud storage name
- Set the input PDF file path and output file format as “html”
- Now, create an instance of the HtmlConvertOptions class
- Set various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, setFixedLayout, etc.
- Then, set convert options and the output file path
- Next, create ConvertDocumentRequest with ConvertSettings
- Finally, perform the conversion using the convert_document() method with ConvertDocumentRequest
The following code example shows how to convert PDF file to HTML page using advanced settings.
Please follow the steps mentioned earlier to upload and download the files.
Online PDF to HTML Converter Free
How to convert PDF to HTML file online for free? Please try online PDF to HTML converter to create HTML from PDF online for free. It was developed using the above API to convert PDF to HTML online free.
This brings us to the end of this article. In this article, we have learned:
- how to transform PDF to HTML document in Java programmatically;
- how to convert PDF file to HTML file using some advanced settings in Java;
- programmatically upload the PDF file to the cloud and then download the converted HTML file from the cloud;
- online convert PDF to HTML free using PDF to HTML converter software;
Additonally, you can learn more about GroupDocs.Conversion file conversion API using the documentation. We also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK complete source code is freely available on the Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Finally, groupdocs.cloud is writing new blog articles on different file formats conversions using REST API. So, please stay in touch for regular updates.
Ask a question
For any queries/discussions about PDF to HTML Converter API, please feel free to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert PDF to HTML in Java?
Please follow this link to learn the Java code snippet for how to convert PDF file to HTML page, quickly and easily.
Can I convert PDF to HTML in Java using REST API?
Yes, you can change PDF to HTML in Java. Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi, set the values of the convert settings, and invoke the convertDocument method with ConvertDocumentRequest to convert PDF to HTML web page.
How to convert PDF to HTML online for free?
PDF to HTML converter online free allows you to convert PDF to HTML free, quickly and easily. Once the online conversion of PDF to HTML is completed, you can instantly download the converted HTML file on your PC.
How do I online convert PDF to HTML?
- Open free PDF to HTML converter online
- Click inside the file drop area to upload PDF file or drag & drop PDF file.
- Click on Convert Now button, free online PDF to HTML converter will change PDF file to HTML online free.
- Download link of the output HTML file will be available instantly after converting the PDF file to HTML document for free.
How to install PDF to HTML Java library?
You can download and install Java PDF to HTML converter library to process, manipulate, and create HTML from PDF in Java programmatically.
How to convert PDF to HTML in windows?
Please visit this link to download PDF to HTML converter offline for windows. This PDF to HTML converter free download software can be used to export PDF to HTML in windows quickly, with a single click.
We recommend you visit the following articles to learn about:
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert PowerPoint PPT/PPTX to JPG/JPEG Images in Python
- Convert XML to CSV and CSV to XML in Python
- MSG and EML files Conversion to PDF using Python Conversion API
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert Microsoft Project MPP to PDF using REST API in Python
- Convert Word to Markdown and Markdown to Word in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java