Do you want to convert PDF documents to JPEG, GIF, and PNG images? If so, you are in the right place. This article will show you how to convert PDF to JPEG, PNG, or GIF images in Node.js by following a few simple steps.
A PDF file is like a snapshot of a document that is used for printing, sharing, and protecting data. However, there might be cases when you want to transform pages in a PDF file to high-quality optimized JPG/JPEG, PNG, or GIF images. For example, when you want to compress a file, share an advertisement on social media, or create PDF covers. For these cases, this article covers how to convert PDF files to popular image file formats. You will, in particular, learn how to convert PDF to JPEG, PNG, or GIF images in Node.js. So let’s get started!
The following points will be discussed in this article:
- PDF to Image Converter Online REST API and Node.js SDK
- Convert PDF to JPEG format using REST API in Node.js
- Convert PDF to JPEG image using Advanced Options
- How to Convert PDF to PNG image Online using Node.js
- How to Convert PDF to GIF file Online using Node.js
PDF to Image Converter Online REST API and Node.js SDK
In this article, we’ll use Node.js SDK of GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API to convert PDF to JPG/JPEG, PNG, or GIF images in Node.js applications. Node.js conversion does not affect your original files, and you can convert your files to supported formats without any software dependencies. Further, it supports the conversion of more than 50 types of documents and images such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc. Moreover, it also provides .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Android, and Python SDKs as its document conversion family members for the Cloud API.
The installation procedure of this Image generator library is very easy. You can install the GroupDocs.Conversion API in your Node.js application by following the following command:
npm install groupdocs-conversion-cloud
Make sure you have Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code examples. Once you have your secret and ID, enter the code as shown below.:
Convert PDF to JPEG format using REST API in Node.js
Here, we will convert PDF files into JPEG images by following the simple steps below:
- Upload the PDF file to the cloud
- Convert PDF document to JPEG image online in Node.js
- Download the converted JPEG file
Upload the File
Make sure the Adobe PDF is uploaded to the cloud using the following sample code:
The PDF file will be available once the upload is finished in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert PDF to JPEG file Online using Node.js
Please use the steps below to create a PDF file in JPEG format by programming:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi class
- Next, create ConvertSettings class object
- Then, set the input PDF file path
- After that, assign “jpeg” to format
- Now, provide output image file path
- Create ConvertDocumentRequest
- Finally, call the the ConvertApi.convertDocument() to convert the file at the specified path.
The following code example explains how to convert PDF to JPEG without losing quality using REST API in Node.js:
The screenshot below shows the output image file generated using this example code:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted image file on the cloud. You can download it using the following code sample:
Convert PDF to JPEG image using Advanced Options
Please follow the steps mentioned below using PDF file to JPEG image online in high quality with some advanced settings:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi
- Next, create the ConvertSettings class instance
- Then, set the PDF file path
- Assign “jpeg” to format
- After that, provide the output file path
- Meanwhile, initialize JpegConvertOptions class object
- After that, set various convert settings such as grayscale, fromPage, pagesCount, quality, rotateAngle, usePdf, etc.
- Next, create an instance of the ConvertDocumentRequest class.
- Finally, get results by calling the ConvertApi.convertDocument() method to save the output file.
The code snippet below shows how to convert PDF file to JPEG image online using advanced convert options:
How to Convert PDF to PNG image Online using Node.js
Similarly, we can use the steps mentioned below to convert PDF file to PNG image file programmatically:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi
- Next, create the ConvertSettings instance
- Then, set the PDF file path
- After this, attribute “png” to the format.
- Now, set the output file path
- Then, initialize a ConvertDocumentRequest with the settings object.
- Finally, call the ConvertApi.convertDocument() method. It takes the settings request object as an argument.
The following code example shows how to convert PDF file to PNG image in Node.js using REST API:
The following screenshot shows the output image created using this sample code:
How to Convert PDF to GIF file Online using Node.js
In this section, you can follow the following steps and the code snippet to convert PDF to GIF file programmatically in your application:
Please follow the steps given below:
- Create an instance of the ConvertApi class.
- Next, create ConvertSettings instance
- Now set the PDF file path
- Then, assign “gif” to format
- Provide output file path
- Call the and create an instance of ConvertDocumentRequest class.
- Lastly, save the document in GIF format by calling the ConvertApi.convertDocument() method
The following code example shows how to convert PDF to GIF file format programmatically in Node.js using REST API:
In addition, the image below shows the output image generated using the code snippet above.
Online PDF to JPG Converter
How to convert PDF to JPEG online? Please try the following PDF to JPEG free online to images converter, which has been developed using the above API.
Online PDF to PNG Converter
How to convert PDF to PNG online? Please try the following PDF to PNG free online to images converter, which has been developed using the above API.
Online PDF to GIF Converter
How to convert PDF to GIF files online? Please try the following PDF to GIF free online to images converter, which has been developed using the above API.
Here, this blog post comes to an end. We anticipate that you now know:
- how to change PDF to JPEG format online.
- how to convert PDF to JPEG in windows using advanced options;
- programmatically upload the PDF file and then download the converted file from the cloud;
- programmatically convert PDF to PNG file format on the cloud;
- how to convert PDF to GIF image format on the cloud;
You can learn more about GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API using the documentation. We also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and interact with our APIs directly through the browser.
Additionally, we advise you to refer to our Getting Started guide.
Groupdocs.cloud also posts other articles on their blog about new topics. So please stay in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
You can ask your queries about how to convert PDF to image format, via our Free Support Forum
How do I convert PDF to JPG in Node.js?
Please go through this link to learn the Node.js code snippet for how to transform PDF into JPG file quickly and easily.
How to convert PDF to JPG file using REST API?
How to convert PDF into JPG free online?
PDF to JPG converter free online allows you to convert PDF to JPG format, quickly and easily. Once the conversion is completed, you can download the JPG file.
How do I convert PDF files to JPG online for free?
- Open online PDF to JPG converter free
- Click inside the file drop area to upload a PDF or drag & drop a PDF file.
- Click on Convert Now button, and online PDF to JPG converter software will transform the PDF files into JPG.
- The download link of the output file will be available instantly after converting the PDF to a JPG file.
How to install PDF to JPG format converter free download library?
Install PDF to JPG converter free download Node.js library to create, and convert PDF to JPG programmatically.
How do I convert PDF to JPG offline in windows?
Please visit this link to download PDF to JPG converter software free for windows. This online PDF to JPG converter free download software can be used to convert PDF files to JPG files with a single mouse click.
You can get more information from the following links:
- Convert Word Document to PDF in Java using REST API
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word to Markdown and Markdown to Word in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- Convert MSG and EML files to PDF in Python
- Convert XML to CSV and CSV to XML in Python
- Merge PowerPoint PPT/PPTX Files Online using REST API in Ruby
- How to Convert Word Document to PDF in Java using REST API
- Convert PDF to Word Document in Java using REST API
- Convert Word to JPG and JPG to Word Programmatically in Java
- Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Java