Portable Document Format (PDF) is a document file format that contains text, images, data, etc. The PDF format is used when you need to save files that cannot be modified. While a Text file is a text plain document that stores plain text in the form of lines. It is a non-executable file that is used to create quick notes in various applications. Sometimes you just need the plain text in the .txt format. So, you may need to convert PDF to TEXT format. This article covers how to convert PDF to TEXT format Online using Node.js.
Topics to be addressed in this article include:
- PDF to TEXT Conversion REST API and Node.js SDK
- How to Convert PDF to TEXT file in Node.js using REST API
PDF to TEXT Conversion REST API and Node.js SDK
Node.js SDK of GroupDocs.Conversion is an online NodeJS conversion library that allows you to make conversions from PDF to Text online. It is a platform-independent library and document conversion solution. It allows you to seamlessly convert your documents and images of any supported file format to any format you need. You can easily convert more than 50 types of documents and images such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, HTML, CAD, raster images, etc. It also provides .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Android, and Python SDKs as its document conversion family members of the Cloud API.
You can install GroupDocs.Convert Cloud on your Node.js project with the following command in the console:
npm install groupdocs-conversion-cloud
Please fetch your Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code examples. Once you have your ID and secret, please add in the code as shown below:
How to Convert PDF to TEXT file in Node.js using REST API
You can convert PDF to Text in Nodejs programmatically on the cloud by following the steps given below:
Upload the PDF File
First of all, upload the PDF file to the cloud using the following code sample:
As a result, the uploaded text file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert PDF to TXT format in Node.js
- Firstly, create an instance of the ConvertApi
- Secondly, Create an instance of the ConvertSettings
- Then, set the storage name and the input PDF file path
- Next, assign “txt” to the format
- Now, provide the output pdf file path
- Then, create ConvertDocumentRequest with ConvertSettings
- Lastly, convert by calling the convertDocument() method with ConvertDocumentRequest
The following code example shows how to convert PDF format to TEXT file using Nodejs REST API:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted Text file on the cloud. Now you know how to convert PDF to Text format using Node.js. Next, download the Text file using the following code sample:
PDF to Text File Converter Online Free
How to convert PDF to Text file online for free? Please try the following to free online PDF to Text converter, which is developed using the above API.
We are ending this blog post here. PDF and Text files are widely used to store and transmit data. So, this article covered how to turn PDF into Text format Node.js applications. Now you know:
- how to convert PDF to Text format using Node.js;
- free PDF to Text converter online;
Furthermore, you can learn more about GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API using the documentation. We also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and interact with our APIs directly through the browser. For detailed examples navigate to GitHub.
You may find more information on our Getting Started page.
Additionally, Groupdocs.cloud is constantly being updated with new topics. Consequently, stay current with the most recent APIs information.
Ask a question
You can ask your queries about how to convert PDF to Text format, via our Free Support Forum
How do I convert a PDF to Text in Node.js?
Please follow this link to learn the code snippet for how to convert PDF to Text file using node.js, quickly and conveniently.
How to create Text file from PDF in Node.js using REST API?
Create an instance of ConvertApi, set the values of the convert settings, and invoke the convertDocument method with ConvertDocumentRequest to convert PDF to readable Text online.
Can I convert PDF to Text online for free?
Online PDF to Text converter free allows you to convert PDF to Text free file format, quickly and easily. Once the conversion is completed, you can download the Text file.
How do I convert PDF to readable Text offline?
Please visit pdftotext download link to download PDF to Text converter for windows. This online PDF to Text converter free download software is used to convert PDF to TXT quickly in windows, with a single click.
To learn more about it: we recommend reading the following articles:
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document using Node.js
- Convert Excel Spreadsheets to PDF in Node.js
- How to Convert JPG to PDF using Node.js
- Convert Word to PNG and PNG to Word Document in Java
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert Word to JPG and JPG to Word Programmatically in Java
- Convert Word to Markdown and Markdown to Word in Python
- Convert CSV to JSON or JSON to CSV Programmatically in C#
- How to Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- Convert SVG to PNG High Quality in Python
- Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API