PNG is a raster image format that was designed to replace the GIF (Graphic Interchange Format) format, while SVG is a vector image format that is used to display images and graphics on the web. In certain cases, you may need to convert graphics and image formats to create high-quality, scalable graphics. So, this blog post will provide a step-by-step guide on how to convert PNG to SVG file Programmatically in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API.
The following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
- The API for Converting PNG Images to SVG Files - SDK Installation
- How to Convert Images from PNG to SVG in Java using REST API
The API for Converting PNG Images to SVG Files - SDK Installation
In order to convert images from PNG to SVG files, we are going to use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. GroupDocs.Cloud API is a powerful tool for converting more than 50 file formats, including images, documents, and spreadsheets. This API offers a wide range of file formats, enabling you to convert PDFs, Word documents, Excel sheets, CAD files, and raster images, among others. Integrating the API into Java-based applications is made simple and efficient, eliminating the need for additional software.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or use the following Maven configurations. Add repository and dependency to your project’s pom.xml file.
<name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name>
Sign up for a GroupDocs account to obtain the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code snippets. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
How to Convert Images from PNG to SVG in Java using REST API
The process of converting PNG to SVG file programmatically in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to get started:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the PNG image to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
As a result, the uploaded PNG image will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert PNG Image to SVG Format
In this section, we will write the code snippet that automates the process of PNG to SVG file conversion in a Java application. You may follow the steps and the code snippet mentioned below:
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Then, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input PNG file path and the output file format to “svg”.
- Now, create an instance of the SvgConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, grayscale, width, height, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass settings parameter.
- Finally, call the convertDocument() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert a PNG image to SVG format in Java using REST API:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted SVG file to the cloud. You can download the converted SVG file using the following code snippet:
Free Online PNG to SVG Converter
How to convert PNG to SVG online for free? Please try an online PNG to SVG converter to change a PNG image to an SVG file. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned API.
Finally, this brings us to the end of this blog post. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert PNG to SVG format in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the PNG file to the cloud and then download the converted PNG image from the cloud;
- and convert any PNG files to SVG format for free using a free online PNG to SVG image converter.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding PNG to SVG converter API, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert PNG to SVG format using Java?
Easily convert a PNG image to an SVG file in Java by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API. It is a cloud-based document conversion API that allows developers to quickly convert PNG to SVG images in Java.
How can I convert a PNG to SVG online for free?
PNG image to SVG online converter allows you to convert PNG to SVG images for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open free PNG to SVG converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload a PNG image or drag & drop a PNG file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online PNG to SVG converter will turn PNG files into SVG images.
- The download link of the output SVG document will be available after converting the PNG image.
Can you recommend any Java library for converting PNG to SVG for free?
Yes, you can download the Java library to create SVG images from PNG images for free during the trial period, which is typically 30 days.
Is there a way to convert HTML to images on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline PNG to SVG converter for Windows. This free PNG to SVG converter can quickly convert PNG to SVG file format on Windows with a single click.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert Word File to HTML in Java using REST API
- How to Convert PDF to Text File Programmatically in Java