Are you looking for a reliable and efficient way to convert your Text files to PDF format in Java? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll demonstrate how to convert Text files to PDF in Java using REST API. There are several reasons why you might want to convert text files to PDF format. PDF files can preserve formatting, offer enhanced security, and be used for printing purposes. In Java, this task can be easily accomplished using the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java, which provides an efficient, and customizable solution. With this SDK, you can convert multiple text files to PDF format quickly and easily.
We will cover the following topics in this article:
- TXT to PDF Document Conversion API for Java and SDK Installation
- How to Convert Text Document To PDF in Java using REST API
TXT to PDF Document Conversion API for Java and SDK Installation
To convert a Text file to PDF document, we are going to use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. GroupDocs.Cloud API is a powerful tool for converting multiple types of documents and images, including TXT to PDF format. This API offers a wide range of file conversion formats, enabling you to convert not only Text but also PDFs, Word documents, Excel sheets, CAD files, and raster images, among others. Integrating the API into Java-based applications is made simple and efficient, eliminating the need for additional software.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or install it using Maven by adding the following repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file:
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>22.10</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Sign up for a GroupDocs account to get the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code snippets. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
How to Convert Text Document To PDF in Java using REST API
To convert your Text files to PDF format using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the Text document to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
As a result, the uploaded Text document will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert Text File to PDF using Java
In this section, we will write the code snippet that automates the conversion of Text to PDF in a Java application. Please follow the steps and the code snippet mentioned below:
The steps are:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Secondly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Thirdly, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input Text file path and the output file format to “pdf”.
- Now, create an instance of the PdfConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, setMarginTop, setPassword, setCenterWindow, setHeight, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using ConvertSettings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass settings parameter.
- Finally, call the convertDocument() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert a Text document to PDF file format in Java using REST API:
The output can be seen in the image below:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted PDF to the cloud. You can download the converted PDF file using the following code snippet:
Free Online Text to PDF Converter
How to convert Text to PDF online for free? Please try an online Text to PDF converter to create a PDF from a Text document. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned Text to PDF REST API.
Finally, this brings us to the end of this blog post. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert Text to PDF format in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the Text document to the cloud and then download the converted PDF from the cloud;
- and convert any Text files to PDF for free using a free online Text to PDF converter.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding Text to PDF conversion, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert Text to PDF using Java?
You can convert a Text document to a PDF file by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API for Java. It is a cloud-based document conversion API that allows developers to easily convert Text documents to PDF in Java.
How can I convert a Text file to PDF online for free?
Our online Text to PDF converter allows you to convert Text documents to PDF for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open free Text to PDF converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload a Text document or drag & drop a Text file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online Text to PDF converter will transform Text files into PDF.
- The download link of the output PDF will be available after converting Text file.
Is there a way to convert Text to PDF on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline Text to converter for Windows. This free Text to converter can be used to convert Text documents to format on Windows quickly, with a single click.
Is GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java secure?
Yes, GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java is secure, and it offers a high level of protection for your data during the conversion process.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- Convert Word to PowerPoint Presentation in Java
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert PowerPoint to PNG Images Programmatically in Java
- How to Convert CSV to XML via Java using REST API