XML (Extensible markup language) is a widely-used file format that utilizes customized tags to describe the structured data, for storing and transporting. It is used to transfer and store data in the form of hierarchical database elements. PDF is the read-only, standardized, and shareable file format. It is one of the most popular file formats for offline reading and sharing files. In certain cases, you may need to convert XML file to PDF to secure data information. By converting XML to PDF, you make it easier to share with others since PDF is a more common and easy-to-access file format. So, this article will demonstrate how to convert XML to PDF in Python using REST API.
The article will provide information about the following subjects:
- XML File to PDF Conversion REST API and Python SDK
- Convert XML to PDF file in Python using REST API
- Change XML to PDF in Python using Advanced Options
XML File to PDF Conversion REST API and Python SDK
Converting XML files to PDF files is straightforward using Python SDK of GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API. This library is the most secure way to convert PDF files quickly from XML. It’s free, secure, and easy to use Python SDK for image conversion. It allows supported formats conversion to images and documents programmatically on the cloud.
The XML to PDF converter program can be downloaded by executing the following command on the console:
pip install groupdocs_converison_cloud
Please collect Client ID and Secret from the dashboard before following the mentioned steps. Once you have your ID and secret, add in the code as shown below:
Now you can convert XML to PDF format using a modern Python API, with just a few lines of code.
Convert XML to PDF file in Python using REST API
In this section, you can convert XML files to PDF online by following the simple steps and code samples given below. First of all, upload the XML file to the Cloud using the following code sample. As a result, the uploaded XML file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud. Then, please follow the steps mentioned below to convert XML to PDF file programmatically:
- Firstly, create an instance of ConvertApi class
- Secondly, create an object of ConvertSettings class
- Next, set your storage name
- Set the source XML file path
- Now, provide “pdf” as the output format
- Provide output PDF file path
- Next, create ConvertDocumentRequest with the setting parameter
- Finally, perform the conversion by calling the ConvertApi.convertDocument() class
The following code example shows how to convert XML file to PDF format in Python using REST API:
The following is the output of the above code sample.
The above code sample will save the converted PDF file on the cloud. You can download it using the code snippet.
Change XML to PDF in Python using Advanced Options
Next, convert XML file to PDF document using the detailed steps mentioned below with some advanced settings:
- First, create an instance of ConvertApi class
- Next, create ConvertSettings instance
- Now, set your storage name
- Then, set the XML file path
- Now, assign “pdf” to the format
- Define PdfConvertOptions class
- Set various convert settings such as center_window, compress_images, display_doc_title, dpi, from_page, center_window, margin, etc.
- Provide convert options and set the output file path
- Now, create ConvertDocumentRequest with the settings object
- Lastly, get results by calling the ConvertApi.convertDocument() method
The following code example shows how to convert an XML file to PDF online using advanced convert options:
Online Convert XML to PDF Free
What is XML to PDF converter online free? Please try the following free XML to PDF converter tool online, which is developed using the above API.
Well, that was a blog post we had been focusing on. This is what you have learned:
- how to convert an XML file to PDF format on the cloud;
- how to convert XML to PDF Online in Python using advanced options;
More information about the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API can be found here documentation. We also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and interact with our APIs directly through the browser.
We would suggest you read our Getting Started Guide.
GroupDocs.cloud has launched new blog posts. So, don’t forget to keep in touch for updates.
Ask a question
You can post your question about the process of converting XML to PDF file, via our forum.
How do I convert an XML file to PDF in Python?
How to convert XML to PDF using REST API?
Can XML files be converted to PDF?
Yes, Python XML to PDF library works very fast and you can convert XML to PDF quickly, in a few seconds.
How can I save an XML as PDF online for free?
- Open our free XML to PDF converter online.
- Click inside the file drop area to upload an XML file or drag & drop an XML file.
- Click on Convert Now button. Your XML file will be uploaded and converted to PDF file format.
- Download links of output files will be available instantly after conversion.
Is it safe to use XML to PDF online free converter?
Yes, no one has access to your uploaded files and the uploaded files will be deleted after 24 hours.
What is the best free online PDF converter?
GroupDocs File Conversion is one of the best free online PDF converters. It allows you to convert PDF to Word, Excel, JPG/JPEG, PNG, TIFF, HTML, text, and vice versa.
Is PDF converter Online Safe?
GroupDocs.Conversion is known for its commitment to security and privacy, so you can convert files to PDF with trust and confidence.
How do I convert XML to PDF format offline in windows?
Please visit this link to download XML to PDF converter software free for windows. This XML to PDF file converter will turn XML to PDF in windows easily, with a single click.
- How to Convert Word to JPG and JPG to Word Programmatically in Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert Word to PPT Presentation using Node.js
- Convert PDF to JPEG, PNG, or GIF Images in Node.js
- How to Convert TEXT file to PDF Online in Node.js
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- Convert Word to PNG and PNG to Word Document in Java
- Convert PDF to JPG and JPG to PDF Programmatically in Java
- Extract Text from PDF using Python
- Convert CSV to Excel using REST API in Node.js
- Convert SVG to JPG and JPG to SVG in Python