Converting PDF to PPT or PPTX is a crucial task in today’s fast-paced business world. PDF is a popular format for documents, but it can be difficult to edit or customize the content. To overcome this problem, you need to convert PDF to PPT or PPTX, which are both popular formats for presentations and can be easily edited and customized. In this blog post, we will explain how to convert PDF to PPT or PPTX using Java.
The following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
- Java PDF to PPT and PPTX Conversion REST API and SDK Installation
- How to Convert PDF to Editable PowerPoint PPTX using Java
Java PDF to PPT and PPTX Conversion REST API and SDK Installation
For converting PDF to PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX), I will be using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. It is a platform-independent REST API solution for document and image conversion without depending on any 3rd-party software. It also allows you to convert 50+ types of documents and images of any supported file format to any format you need. You can quickly convert documents from one format to another like Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, CAD, raster images, etc.
You can download the API’s JAR file or use the following Maven configurations. Add repository and dependency to your project’s pom.xml file.
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>22.10</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
After integrating the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK into your Java project: Sign up for an account. Collect your Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code examples. Also, it’s important to check the API documentation and usage limits before using it. Please enter the code shown below once you have your ID and secret:
How to Convert PDF to Editable PowerPoint PPTX using Java
Once you have set up your Java environment and installed the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java REST API, you can start converting PDF to PPT or PPTX. The process is straightforward and involves these steps:
- Upload the PDF document to the Cloud
- Convert PDF files to PowerPoint in Java
- Download the converted file
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the PDF document to the cloud storage using the code snippet as given below:
As a result, the uploaded HTML document will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert PDF File to PowerPoint Presentations in Java
To start converting PDF to PPT or PPTX in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java REST API, you will need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Next, provide the cloud storage name.
- Now, set the input PDF file path and output file format as “pptx”.
- Then, create an instance of the PptxConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, set various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, setZoom, etc.
- Now, set convert options and the output file path using ConvertSettings instance.
- After that, create ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass the settings parameter.
- Finally, call the convert_document() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert a PDF document to a PowerPoint presentation in Java using REST API:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted PowerPoint file to the cloud. You can download it using the following code snippet:
Free Online PDF to PPTX Converter
How to convert PDF to PowerPoint files online for free? Please try an online PDF to PPTX converter to create a PowerPoint presentation from a PDF document for free. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned API.
This brings us to the end of this blog post. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to programmatically convert PDFs to PowerPoint files in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API;
- programmatically upload the PDF file to the cloud and then download the converted PowerPoint file from the cloud;
- and online convert PDF to PowerPoint using a free PDF PowerPoint converter.
Additionally, GroupDocs.Conversion also provides an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Moreover, we encourage you to refer to our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for latest updates.
Ask a question
For any queries about PDF to PPT converter, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I set up GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API for Java?
To set up GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API in Java, you will need to sign up for an account, obtain an API key, and then integrate the API into your Java project using the provided SDK.
Can I convert password-protected PDFs to PowerPoint presentations?
Yes, you can convert password-protected PDFs to PowerPoint files using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API by passing in the password as a parameter in the API request.
How to convert PDF to PPT online for free?
Online PDF to PPT converter allows you to convert PDF to PowerPoint for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below for conversion:
- Open free PDF to PPT file converter online.
- Now, click inside the file drop area to upload a PDF file or drag & drop a PDF file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online PDF to PowerPoint converter will change the PDF to a PPT file.
- The download link of the output PowerPoint file will be available instantly after converting the PDF file to PowerPoint.
How to convert PDF to PowerPoint on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline PDF to PowerPoint converter for Windows. This PDF document to PowerPoint file converter can quickly convert PDF into PowerPoint on Windows with a single click.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- How to Convert PowerPoint PPT to HTML using Java
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert Word File to HTML in Java using REST API