SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a type of image file format that is used for vector graphics. It’s based on XML and can be styled with CSS. Unlike raster graphics (e.g. JPEG, PNG), SVG graphics can be scaled without losing quality. PNG (Portable Network Graphics) is a raster image format that uses pixels to represent images. It supports lossless compression, which means that the quality of the image isn’t degraded when it’s compressed. In this article, we will explore a step-by-step guide on how to convert SVG to PNG in Java using REST API.
The following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
- Java SVG to PNG Converter REST API and SDK Installation
- How to Convert SVG Image to PNG in Java using REST API
Java SVG to PNG Converter REST API and SDK Installation
In order to convert SVG to a PNG image, we are going to use GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java. GroupDocs.Cloud API is a powerful tool for converting various types of documents and images, including SVG to PNG file format. It also supports a wide range of file formats, allowing you to convert not only SVG but also PDFs, Word, Excel, CAD files, raster images, etc. Integrating the API into Java applications is straightforward, allowing you to perform the conversion service quickly and without any additional software.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or use the following Maven configurations. Add repository and dependency to your project’s pom.xml file.
<repository> <id>groupdocs-artifact-repository</id> <name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId <artifactId>groupdocs-conversion-cloud</artifactId> <version>22.10</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency>
Sign up for a GroupDocs account to obtain the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard before you start following the steps and available code snippets. Please enter the code snippet shown below once you have your ID and Secret:
How to Convert SVG Image to PNG in Java using REST API
The following are the steps to convert SVG images to PNG files.
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the SVG image file to the cloud storage using the code snippet given below:
As a result, the uploaded SVG image will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert SVG into PNG using Java
In this section, we will write the code snippet that automates the process of SVG image to PNG file conversion in a Java application. You may follow the steps and the code snippet mentioned below:
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of ConvertApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of the ConvertSettings class.
- Then, provide the cloud storage name.
- Next, set the input SVG file path and the output file format to “png”.
- Now, create an instance of the PngConvertOptions class.
- Optionally, provide various convert options like setFromPage, setPagesCount, etc.
- After that, set convert options and the output file path using the settings instance.
- Then, create a ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass the settings parameter.
- Lastly, call the convertDocument() method and pass ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to convert an SVG image to a PNG file in Java using REST API:
The output file is shown below:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted PNG image to the cloud. You can download the converted PNG file using the following code snippet:
Free Online SVG to PNG Converter
How to convert SVG to PNG images online for free? Please try an online SVG to PNG converter to change an SVG image to a PNG image. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned SVG to PNG image REST API.
This brings us to the end of this blog post. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert SVG files to PNG images in Java programmatically, as well as additional customization options;
- programmatically upload the SVG image to the cloud and then download the converted PNG image from the cloud;
- and convert any SVG images to PNG files for free using a free online SVG to PNG image converter.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions regarding SVG to PNG conversion API, please do not hesitate to contact us on the free support forum.
How do I convert SVG to PNG in Java using REST API?
You can convert SVG to PNG images in Java by using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API. It is a cloud-based document and image conversion API that allows you to easily convert SVG files to PNG images in Java.
How do I convert SVG to PNG online for free?
SVG to PNG online converter allows you to convert SVG files to PNG images for free. Please follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform the conversion:
- Open free SVG to PNG converter online.
- Now, click in the file drop area to upload an SVG file or drag & drop an SVG file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Free online SVG to PNG converter will convert SVG files into a PNG image.
- The download link of the output PNG image file will be available after converting the SVG image.
Is there a way to convert SVG to PNG on Windows?
Please visit this link to download an offline SVG to PNG converter for Windows. This SVG to PNG image converter can be used to convert SVG files to PNG image format on Windows easily, with a single click.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- Convert Word File to HTML in Java using REST API
- Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert Word Documents to PDF using REST API in Python
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert PDF to PPTX using a REST API in Python
- Convert PDF File to PNG and PNG to PDF Format using Java
- Convert XML File to CSV in Java using REST API