XLSM file is a spreadsheet that contains macros written in the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). XLSM file is similar to XLM file format and created in Excel 2007 or newer for automating processes. While CSV is a data storage format that contain comma separated values. It is used to store tabular data, to import and export format for spreadsheet applications like MS Excel. In certain cases, you may need to convert xlsm to csv file. In this article, we will learn how to convert XLSM to CSV in Python.
The following topics shall be covered in this article:
Python API for XLSM to CSV Conversion - Installation
GroupDocs.Conversion has APIs that allow the conversion of XLSM to CSV. In this article, we will use the Python SDK of GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API for converting XLSM to CSV file format. It is a feature-rich, platform independent documents and images conversion Python library. It provides quick conversion of images and documents of any supported file format in high-quality like word-processing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images, and many more.
You can install Python conversion SDK into your Python application using the following command in the console:
pip install groupdocs_conversion_cloud
Please get your Client ID and Secret from the dashboard before following the mentioned steps. Once you have your ID and secret, add code in your python application:
How to Convert XLSM to CSV using Python
You can convert XLSM to CSV file by following the simple steps mentioned below:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the XLSM file to the cloud using the code example given below:
As a result, the uploaded XLSM file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert XLSM to CSV in Python
The following steps allow converting the XLSM to CSV format programmatically in the Python applications.
- First, create an instance of the ConvertApi
- Then, create convert settings instance using ConvertSettings
- Next, provide the your cloud storage name
- Set input xlsm file path and output format as “csv”
- Then, set the output file path
- Now, create the ConvertDocumentRequest with ConvertSettings as an argument
- Finally, convert pdf to excel code online by calling the convert_document() method with ConvertDocumentRequest
The following code sample shows how to convert XLSM to CSV file using Python:
Finally, the above code sample will save the CSV file on the cloud.
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted XLSM to CSV file on the cloud. You can download it using the following code sample:
Online XLSM to CSV Converter for Free
Groupdocs.Conversion provides free online XLSM to CSV converter. It has been developed using the Groupdocs.Conversion Cloud APIs.
To conclude, you learned how to convert the XLSM to CSV format programmatically . Now you understand:
- how to convert XLSM to CSV programmatically in python;
- upload the XLSM file and then download converted CSV file;
In addition, you can learn more about GroupDocs.Conversion file format conversion API using the documentation, or by examples available on GitHub. We also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and interact with our APIs directly through the browser.
Ask a question
You can ask your queries about how to convert XLSM to CSV format, via our Free Support Forum
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- Convert PDF to Excel in Python using REST API
- How to Extract Pages From Word Documents in Python
- Convert PowerPoint PPT/PPTX to JPG/JPEG Images in Python
- Combine and Merge PowerPoint PPT/PPTX Files in Python