We will cover the following topics in this article:
- Java XML to JSON Converter API and SDK Installation
- How to Convert XML File into JSON in Java using REST API
Java XML to JSON Converter API and SDK Installation
GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java is a cloud-based document conversion solution that helps Java developers to convert various document formats to JSON in Java. It allows you to convert documents, images, spreadsheets, presentations, and many other file types to JSON with just a few lines of code. This RESTful API can be integrated into your Java applications to provide a fast and reliable conversion solution.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or install it using Maven by adding the following repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file:
<name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name>
How to Convert XML File into JSON in Java using REST API
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to convert XML to JSON programmatically in Java using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java:
Upload the File
Firstly, upload the XML file to the cloud using the code snippet given below:
As a result, the uploaded XML file will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Convert XML to JSON with Java
In this section, we will cover the steps and the code snippet to convert an XML file to a JSON file format programmatically in Java.
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of the ConvertApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of ConvertSettings class.
- After that, provide your cloud storage name.
- Now, set the source file path and the target format to “json”.
- Next, set the output file path.
- Then, create the ConvertDocumentRequest class instance and pass the settings parameter.
- Lastly, convert XML to JSON by calling the convertDocument() method and passing the ConvertDocumentRequest parameter.
Below code snippet shows how to convert XML file to JSON schema in Java using REST API. Copy & paste the following code into your Java application:
Download the Converted File
The above code sample will save the converted JSON file in the cloud. You can download it using the following code sample:
Free Online XML to JSON Converter
How to convert XML to JSON online for free? Please try the following online XML to JSON converter for free. This converter is developed using the above-mentioned GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud REST API.
In conclusion, data conversion is an important task for any software developer, and the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java makes it easy to handle different data formats with ease. The following is what you have learned from this article:
- how to convert XML to JSON file programmatically in Java;
- programmatically upload XML files and then download the converted JSON file from the cloud;
- and convert any XML file to JSON for free using a free online XML to JSON converter.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog articles on different file formats and conversions using REST API. So, please get in touch for the regular updates.
Ask a question
You can ask your queries about XML to JSON converter API, via our forum.
How do I convert an XML to a JSON file online for free?
Please follow the step-by-step instructions to convert an XML file to JSON online for free:
- Open online XML to JSON converter.
- Now, click inside the file drop area to upload an XML file or drag & drop an XML file.
- Next, click on the Convert Now button. Online XML to JSON converter will change XML into a JSON file.
- The download link of the output file will be available instantly after conversion.
How to convert XML to JSON on Windows?
Please visit the download link to download the XML to JSON offline converter for Windows. This free XML to JSON converter can be used to convert XML documents to JSON files on Windows quickly, with a single click.
What are some other file formats that the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Java supports?
The SDK supports a wide range of file formats, including PDF, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, HTML, CSV, and many more.
If you want to learn more about related topics, we recommend reading the articles listed below:
- Convert PDF to Excel (XLS/XLSX) in Java using REST API
- Convert PDF to Editable Word Document with Python SDK
- How to Convert EXCEL to JSON and JSON to EXCEL in Python
- Convert XML to CSV and CSV to XML in Python
- How to Convert CSV to JSON and JSON to CSV in Python
- How to Convert XML File to CSV in Java using REST API
- Convert HTML to JPG Images in Java using REST API
- Convert HTML to Markdown with Java using REST API
- How to Convert PDF to TIFF File Programmatically in Java