Merging multiple Word documents can be a complex and time-consuming task, especially when you need to combine them into a single document. Fortunately, the GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java offers an efficient and straightforward solution to this problem. With this SDK, you can quickly combine Word documents programmatically in Java, and save valuable time and effort. In this article, we’ll explore how to merge Word documents (DOC, DOCX) in Java.
The following topics shall be covered in this article:
- Java Word Documents Merger REST API and SDK Installation
- How to Merge Multiple Word Documents into One in Java
Java Word Documents Merger REST API and SDK Installation
GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java is a powerful document manipulation tool that allows developers to merge, split, rotate, change the page orientation either as portrait or landscape and modify documents in the cloud. It is a cloud-based document manipulation and cross-platform API that supports multiple file formats, including Word documents, PDFs, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, HTML, and more. The SDK is easy to use and can be integrated into a Java-based application.
You can either download the API’s JAR file or install it using Maven by adding the following repository and dependency into your project’s pom.xml file:
<name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name>
Sign up for a free trial account or purchase a subscription plan on the GroupDocs website and get your API key. Once you have the Client Id and Client Secret, add below code snippet to a Java-based application:
How to Merge Multiple Word Documents into One in Java
Now that we have set up GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java, let’s take a look at how to merge Word DOCX or DOC files using the SDK by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Upload the Word files to the cloud
- Combine multiple Word documents into one in Java
- Download the merged Word documents
Upload the Files
Firstly, upload the Word files to the cloud using the code example given below:
As a result, the uploaded Word DOCX files will be available in the files section of your dashboard on the cloud.
Combine Multiple Word Files into One
This section provides a step-by-step guide and an example code snippet on how to merge all Word documents into one:
- Firstly, import the required classes into your Java file.
- Secondly, create an instance of the DocumentApi class.
- Thirdly, create an instance of the FileInfo class.
- Next, call the setFilePath() method and pass the input file path as a parameter.
- Then, create an instance of the JoinItem class.
- Now, call the setFileInfo() method and pass the fileInfo1 parameter.
- Next, create a second instance of the FileInfo and JoinItem classes.
- Provide the input file path and fileInfo2 parameters.
- Add more JoinItems for merging more than two documents.
- After that, create an instance of the JoinOptions() class.
- Then, add a comma-separated list of created join items.
- Next, set the output file path.
- Now, create an instance of the JoinRequest() class and pass the JoinOptions parameter.
- Finally, merge Word DOCX files by calling the join() method of the DocumentApi and passing the JoinRequest parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to merge multiple Word files into one in Java using REST API:
You can see the output in the image below:
Download the File
The above code sample will save the merged Word file on the cloud. You can download it using the following code sample:
Free Online Word Documents Merger
How to merge Word DOCX online for free? Please try the free Word DOCX Merger to combine multiple Word documents into one online. This online document merger is developed using the above-mentioned Groupdocs.Merger Cloud APIs.
The GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java is the ideal solution for the quick and easy merging of Word documents, freeing up your time and effort. The following is what you have learned in this article:
- how to combine and merge multiple Word files on the cloud using Java;
- programmatically upload and download the merged Java;
- and merge Word files online for free using a free online Word document merger.
Moreover, we also provide an API Reference section that lets you visualize and communicate with our APIs directly through the browser. Java SDK’s complete source code is freely available on Github. Please check the GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java Examples here.
Additionally, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide for detailed steps and API usage.
Finally, we keep writing new blog posts on different document operations using REST API. So, please get in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
If you have any questions about the Word Document Merger API, please feel free to ask us on the Free Support Forum.
Can I merge multiple Word documents into one in Java?
Yes, you can combine and merge multiple Word documents into one using GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java.
Can I merge specific pages from multiple Word documents using Java?
Yes, you can use GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java to merge specific pages from multiple Word documents.
Is GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java a secure solution for merging Word documents?
Yes, GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java is a secure solution for merging Word documents, providing encryption, and other security features to ensure the safety of your data.
Does GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java support merging documents of different formats?
Yes, GroupDocs.Merger Cloud SDK for Java supports merging documents of various formats, including Word, PowerPoint, HTML, and more.
For further information on related topics, we suggest taking a look at the following articles:
- How to Split PowerPoint PPT or PPTX Slides in Python
- Extract Specific Pages from PDF using Python
- Extract Pages From Word Documents using Rest API
- Merge PowerPoint PPT/PPTX Files Online using REST API
- How to Rotate PDF Pages using Rest API in Ruby
- How to Change Page Orientation in Word Document using Ruby
- Merge and Combine PDF Files using REST API in Ruby